“ProAgro” is an international cooperation project co-financed by the AICS (Italian Agency for Development Cooperation) and the Principality of Monaco, through the Monaco Cooperation.
The project aims to support the development of sustainable agri-food microenterprises and the creation of jobs in disadvantaged areas of Tunisia, with the goal of improving living conditions in rural areas of the country. It is implemented by ICU (International Cooperation Unit) in partnership with APIA (Agency for the Promotion of Agricultural Investment), AVFA (Agency for Agricultural Extension and Training), CTICI (Tunisian-Italian Chamber of Commerce and Industry), Weworld-GVC, E4IMPACT Foundation, DAFNE (Department of Agricultural and Forestry Sciences) at the University of Tuscia, and DiSTAS (Department of Food Science and Sustainable Agri-food Sector) at the Catholic University of the Sacred Heart.
Hours of training
Tamkin’s Activities in the ProAgro Project:
- Gender Profiling: Tamkin facilitates focus groups to identify gender differences in selected companies.
- Technical Training: Tamkin delivers 30 days of training to strengthen technical skills of female employees in six target governorates.
- Personalized Coaching: Tamkin provides coaching to individual companies to enhance gender inclusion in business management.
- Regional Training: Tamkin conducts training sessions in six regions, focusing on gender (6 hours) and financial management/sales (last two days).
- Coaching Bootcamps: Tamkin organizes bootcamps for project beneficiaries (18 participants) and public officials (12 facilitators) to provide personalized coaching and raise awareness.
Gender training aims to provide individuals with the necessary knowledge and skills to understand and address gender-related issues. The training covers various aspects, including differentiating between gender and sex, grasping key concepts of gender, and recognizing gender-based violence
FINANCIAL EDUCATION TRAINING
The financial education component of the program aims to provide participants with a solid understanding of key financial concepts and practices. Through interactive sessions and practical exercises, women will learn about budgeting, cash flow management, financial forecasting, and risk management. This knowledge will enable them to make informed financial decisions, allocate resources effectively, and mitigate potential risks in their agricultural ventures.
The facilitation training in the ProAgro program focuses on providing women with the knowledge and tools to create an inclusive and collaborative environment. women learn techniques to engage diverse stakeholders, encourage active participation, and foster open and constructive communication.